I updated my version of Thingamablog today to the brand new 1.0b2 release.
The more I use this program, the more I’m liking it. It has almost all the features of a server side blog program. Plus it is written in Java, so I can use it in Windows or Linux.
Today I fixed the ugly blue A’s which appeared after every date and added a calendar.
Here is the link to the new Thingamablog release.
Thingamablog v1.0b2 Released
The second public beta of Thingamablog v1.0 has been released. This version includes several bug fixes and usability enhancements along with a couple new features such as a “Feed Reader” tab on the Options Dialog. Users now have the option to update the news feeds at a specified interval. In addition, feed items can now be formatted when they are posted to blog entries via a template.
v1.0b2 also slightly improves on the performance of the previous beta. The user database now gets loaded in a separate thread, which reduces startup time. The help system and find dialog are now initialized only when they’re needed, rather than at startup, thereby further reducing startup time and the memory footprint.