My mother points out that it is over a year since I updated this blog.
Actually she pointed out that it was 3 months, … and 6 months… and 9
months… You get they idea.
In the last 1-1/2 years, I have been very busy with a new workplace, a
new home, listening to a million podcasts, booking acts for a folk club,
recording public domain audio-books for Librivox.org, spending time with
my wife and daughter, and rediscovering my faith.
In an attempt to rediscover this blog, I will start to answer the
question: So what have you been up to?
Funny you should ask.
- On the music front, my entire CD and several newer songs are available
on my EZFOLK.COM site. http://ezfolk.com/audio/bands/600/
- Last December 26, one of my songs, Homeless Babe was included on a list of 128 CC licensed Christmas Songs on Some Rights Reserved, the blog of Uwe Hermann, a German Debian developer. The article was featured on boingboing! This led to over 1500 downloads throughout the year. The song is
currently the #1 all-time downloaded Christmas song on Ezfolk.com.
- I still maintain my classroom webpage, but at a different school. Mr. McGaughey’s Grade 2 class http://par.scdsb.on.ca/classes/mcgaughey
- I have been recording chapters of public domain audiobooks for Librivox.org. Over 2500 people from around the world are volunteering to try torecord ALL PUBLIC DOMAIN WRITINGS and release them as free
audiobooks. My (somewhat out of date) page on librivox is http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/DuctapeGuy
. Some of my contributions to librivox include: Host of Librivox Community Podcast
I Do Not Love Thee by Caroline Elizabeth Sarah Norton
“Danse Russe” by William Carlos Williams,Weekly Poetry August 14, 2006
Black Beauty: The Autobiography of a Horse by Anna Sewell
Chapter 18 – Going for the Doctor
Chapter 19 – Only Ignorance
The Junior Classics [vol 1] – by William Patten: Fairy and Wonder Tales
Boots and the Princess- done
The Bear And the Fox – done
Andersen’s Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen
10 – The Old House – 00:19:31
20000 Leagues Under the Seas by Jules Verne
Chapter 08. “Mobilis in Mobili” – Done August 14, 2006
Chapter 09. The Tantrums of Ned Land – Done August 15, 2006
Chapter 10. The Man of the Waters – Done August 16, 2006
- Mundy’s Bay Folk Society: http://mundysbay.ca For 17 years, the Mundy’s Bay Folk Society has provided live Music in the community of Midland, Ontario. I book the bands and take care of the web page for them. (Please come out to see the wonderful Toronto roots-country songwriter Greg Hobbs on November 24, 2006.
It’s time for supper. I will continue with this thread another day.